November 27, 2012
Hello fellow bloggers!
Are you feeling it?! The Christmas/Holiday season is crashing down upon us!
Are you as afraid of the malls as I am?
I’m still procrastinating!
Actually, what worries me more than crowded malls these days are the unsafe chemicals in almost all our cosmetics and personal care items!
I cant help thinking about this as I try to pick out gifts for loved ones. I end up going out, reading dozens of labels and leaving empty handed…
Sulphates, parabens, phthalates, petroleum, animal rendering ingredients, and other irritants and carcinogens are rampant throughout the cosmetic and personal care industry.
During the holidays we attend more functions and generally become more social than normal, hence, we try harder to look nice, smell nice etc… This means using many products more often to create our coveted looks!
Why not shop safe this season at Arbonne? For yourself and for others.
Arbonne has a vast line of of personal care, cosmetics and health related products that are vegan, cruelty free, free of the ‘dirty dozen’ chemicals and above all, are recyclable and from a reputable, carbon neutral, and environmentally aware company.
There is also a special line up of holiday items and gift sets on sale for a limit of time so shop now while you can!
Thanks for stopping by!
October 4, 2012
Sorry it’s been a while! I’m back into the swing of teaching, and the time has flown by so quickly that I just realised I’ve been neglecting one of my favourite leisure activities, blogging!
I’ve had so much fun getting in touch with people on-line and from all around the world. A lot of my chats with fellow-bloggers seem to be hovering around the topics of politics and beauty.
Odd combination, right?
Well, maybe not…
Lately the politics of this modern world have been messing with our pocketbooks! I know I’m feeling it! This is why I decided to take the plunge this summer and dabble into my own home-based business with Arbonne International. I do it part-time where I can fit it into the little nooks and crannies of my life.
Arbonne’s amazing product line of eco-friendly, certified vegan, cruelty-free, and zero-dirty-dozen chemical ingredients, are totally selling themselves!
Last month I received a cheque for 171$ for doing ‘not much of anything’. That little piece of income came from just 4 orders, two of which were done online, two where I guided my clients through it.
I simply put the word out there, sent out a few samples and the orders have been pouring in. To my surprise, even while being busy in the classroom or sleeping it off at night, my inbox is filling up with questions, sample requests and orders. It’s incredible!
Everyone who has tried it, has bought it, or plans to when their product runs out, since, I gave many products as gifts to get the word out when I started with Arbonne.
Does this sound like a business concept that interests you? If so, I’d be more than happy to tell you more about the business, the benefits and the rewards!
In my logical mind, I will always need shampoo, conditioner, body wash, vitamins, make-up, skin-care and the odd luxury spa-item (lol), so why not buy products that are botanically based, safe and eco-friendly from my own personal store!
If I didn’t buy these products from ‘myself’, I’d be giving my money to someone else, and likely for products that may not meet Arbonne’s Swiss Standards and Safe Ingredient Policy.
Makes sense? I think so
Feel free to visit my website at: http://www.everybodywins.myarbonne.ca, or email me at: email@example.com for more information!
Thanks for stopping by and all the best to all of you!
August 27, 2012
August 26, 2012
August 24, 2012
Thank you for checking out my Arbonne End of Summer Incentive!!!
Until Sept 1st, when you shop online via my Arbonne store and buy as a client, preferred client, or as a new consultant, I will send you free Arbonne product (you pick one from a choice of three) and some free samples of best selling Arbonne products!
Why wait? Start taking care of what you put on your body and avoid the ‘dirty dozen’ chemicals that are in most cosmetics and personal care products we put on our bodies each day!
Arbonne is safe, using only the purest botanicals and pharmaceutical ingredients held to Swiss standards. They are also certified vegan, carbon-neutral (they give back to the earth 100% of what they take) and all the literature and packaging is made from recycled material and are also recyclable, and 90% of the ink used on packaging and catalogues are soy based!
Good for you, good for the earth
How to Shop Arbonne
Online: My Arbonne Shop (your credit card info stays private, I don’t see it)
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (PayPal only)
Don’t use credit cards? No problem! Simply email me your order with your mailing address, and I will bill you via PayPal, which is the safest method for exchanging money and ensuring you get your products, outside of an online retail outlet
Thanks for stopping by!
August 23, 2012
My Arbonne makeup supply arrived!!!
Today I received:
1. Foundation with SPF 15
2. Makeup Primer
3. Lipsticks/ Lipgloss
4. Eyeshadow / Blush
6. Travel brush kit
7. Lip balm spf 30
1. I no longer need foundation (thanks to RE9) but I decided to test drive the product anyway for the sake of my friends and fellow Arbonne lovers. I used to use Chanel Vitalumière in Pétal and I loved it. Arbonne’s is similar in packaging, except they use recycled and recyclable plastic, not glass. I’m not sure about Chanel’s ingredients because I lost the box. Chanel’s delivers more moisture and is more dewy, Arbonnes is a semi-matte like Chanel’s pro-lumière, but not as thick. I wasn’t a fan of semi-matte for myself, but Arbonne’s is a happy medium between the two and is lighter. I like that’s it’s safe and feels nice on…but I’ll have to actually use it a bit to see if I like it more than Chanel. The price point is almost the same.
2. The makeup primer is faaaaaaabulous! I’m a big ‘nanoblur’ fan (also a safe cosmetic) and until Arbonne, nothing compared to Nanoblur. I might be converted! Gonna test drive it all day tomorrow!
3. The lipgloss reminds me of Mac and Mary Kay. Until Arbonne, Mary Kay and Mac were the best lipgloss lines I’ve ever used in my life. I still believe their colours are bolder, but Arbonne is the safer cosmetic and the pigments cannot be harmful. Still, the subtle colour of Arbonne lipgloss is nice when toning down, adding shimmer or shine to bare lips or over lipstick. The Arbonne gloss is not tacky or sticky at all, and like Mac and Mary Kay, it goes on beautifully, stays on and adds the appearance of fullness. They also contain peptides, which is awesome for anti-aging! The price point on these item is about the same…
3. The lipstick is awesome! Because the colors are from natural pigments, the colour goes on nicely, not harsh or strong, almost sheer, but not quite. I’ve bought 4 so far, and I love them all. I mean, how often does that happen? You buy 4 lipsticks out of a catalogue, and every one of them looks amazing!? They remind me a lot of the Mac swivel lipstick…
4. The blush and eyeshadow are mineral based and apply nicely. I use the blush also as eyeshadow. It works! I really like the colours! Like the lipstick, what I picked from a picture, worked!
5. The Bronzer is great, exceptional universal colour that goes on fabulously well. I just wish they also made a matte version because I think too much shimmer can look overdone, especially on women over 25… My girlfriend had a cool idea…she buys the powder compact in ‘tan’ and uses it as a matte Bronzer and loves it! Sometimes she combines the two for the best of both worlds, getting a toned down ‘glow’ instead…So, there is an alternative for those of u who prefer matte or more of a highlighter (when u combine the two products) look…
6. The brush kit set comes 2 sizes, I bought the tiny one because I don’t use an ‘assembly line’ of brushes… 2-4 depending on the ‘look’ does me fine . They come in a great little fold out case and the brushes are very good quality.
7. Lip balm stick seems very good. It is what it is. It’s safer than most like it, and contains a broad spectrum SPF 30
8. The mascara… Hmmmm… I don’t know. I love Arbonne, I am also a consultant… But I’m an honest person above all (kinda goes with being a teacher) I don’t know if mine dried out somehow…or what the heck happen, because it was a fresh product ( the new packaging just came out, so it’s definitely new)… I am a gigantic mascara snob. So far, Mary Kay’s ‘ultimate mascara’ and L’Oréal’s ‘million dollar lashes’ we’re the gold standard…oh, and some cheap one I got at Walmart… N.Y.C brand in a fat pink tube…it was amazing, but it flaked and smudged through the day…Booooo!
Arbonne’s mascara doesn’t smudge or flake, it just took a lot of effort for me to get it on smoothly…lots of clumps…very ‘dry’… I’ll update this post when I exchange it to see if it was ‘off’ or just not for me…
Don’t get me wrong…I like that it’s safe, and the colour is definitely rich and fabulous, but it’s just not ‘smooth enough’… I really want to love it, but so far… I’m off it…for now anyway…
All in all, I really love the Arbonne makeup line, and I’m excited about using it! I actually love it enough to replace my old ‘standbys’…(just not the mascara, for now…)
Arbonne has formulated safe, cruelty-free, vegan and truly wonderful, high quality, cosmetics. I highly recommend them!!!
What Arbonne still needs to create: a brow colour line, and a chreek/face highlighter in a powder form (so far they just have liquid, which I have yet to try…).
Check out the spread!
Then visit me at: http://www.everybodywins.myarbonne.ca
August 22, 2012
I’m curious if there is anyone hailing from the USA, Canada, Australia or the Uk who is interested in learning more about pure, safe and effective skin care, make up and wellness products?
I am an Arbonne Consultant in my spare time, and a public school teacher by profession. I recently began using and distributing this fabulous line of products because I agreed with the company’s ethical standards, as well as the fact that their skin care line is, in my opinion, second to none, and I’ve tried it all! The results are out of this world. (please see recent posts with pics of me after using the RE9 line)
If I’ve peaked your interest, please feel free to check my personal site. http://www.everybodywins.myarbonne.ca
On one of my three personal pages, you’ll find a link at the bottom for their safe ingredient policy, as well as other informative links about Arbonne.
Those of u who are very interested are welcome to email me at: email@example.com for more info, samples and advice.
Those of you from countries other than those mentioned above, stay tuned, Arbonne is expanding globally and may be at your doorstep with an untapped market before you know it! Be ahead of the game and get to know the industry before it passes you by
Be curious! You miss 100% of the opportunities you don’t take
I love meeting and talking to new like-minded people. I am very passionate about safe and ethical health & beauty products and practices. If you feel the same way, I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by!
All the best!
August 22, 2012
I love Cassey Ho of http://www.blogilates.com!
She is truly inspiring!
Check out my ‘Pilates’ page on this blog for more info about her and her fab and challenging Pilates workouts. I’m addicted!
She also has her own line called oGorgeous for yoga wear at http://www.ogorgeous.com/
I’m a huge fan!!!
She has kept me fit all summer, despite my fiancé’s habit of buying mass quantities of junk food! Argh! Lol
August 21, 2012
Why I’m loving this line!
Besides the fact that RE9 is formulated by the same chemist who formulates for La Prairie and the other, who used to formulate for Aveda (before they changed their ingredient policies, which is why he left)
Arbonne’s RE9 (the line which replaced nutriminC) targets the 9 signs of skin aging: dullness, tired look, fine lines & wrinkles, photo aging (brown spots/patches/melasma), thinning skin, loss of elasticity, dark circles, redness/red patches, uneven skin tone.
My dermatologist told me not to bother with Amy skin care line unless they were using a high and stable concentration of vitamin A, C and peptides. Those are the only elements proven to reserve the signs of aging, not just prevent…
Arbonne’s RE9 is the first skin care line (trust me I’ve looked) that offers all of these elements in one products which also is free of parabens, sulphates (which I’m allergic to and are in at least 95% of cleansers, shampoos and toothpaste) and other irritants and carcinogenic ingredients.
I also forgot to mention its vegan certified and has a certified carbon neutral status!!!
I can’t believe I going to do this, but I’ve posted a photo of my freshly cleansed make-up free face from 2 days ago. Keep in mind, I’m 3 months shy of my 34th bday, I’m Caucasian and have only been using Arbonne for just over a month. Photo is unretouched.
You may read more about my story at: http://www.everybodywins.myarbonne.ca
About the RE9 ingredients (recently reformulated in 2010 I believe)
The Arbonne elements include:
Vitamin C (highly stabilized -gives that glow!)
Alpha Lipoic Acid (for radiance)
Alpha & Beta Hydroxy acids (exfoliating, improves skin texture)
Peptides (goes beneath the surface of the skin to stimulate collagen)
Pineapple & papaya enzymes (exfoliate)
Sea Buckthorn oil (antioxidant, smooths skin)
Kudzu root extract (improves firmness and tone)
Marine Lavender extract (reduces fine lines/wrinkles)
Hydrolyzed Lupine protein & alfalfa seed extract (diminishes under eye bags, increases firmness)
Beech Tree Bud extract (improves moisturization and smooths)
August 21, 2012
I’ll be 34 in Nov… I’m not going to pretend I’m okay with this…lol but… Having great skin and a healthy lifestyle does make it easier!
Thanks to my good friend Becky, I not only discovered the wonder of Arbonne products (especially their RE9 line!), I was also offered the opportunity to distribute and build a business with the company! I was skeptical at first, but I really wanted the discount. Since joining, ppl are hunting me down wanting to know what the heck it is that is keeping me looking so fresh!? So basically, in a few short months, I’ve distributed the Re9 line, as well as other fabulous Arbonne products, to friends, family and beyond, and have also recruited some new consultants to my team!
Please see the unretouched (no lies!) photo of me after using the re9 for only 2 weeks… Can u say glow!? Ps: no foundation was used! After 3 days of RE9 use, I didn’t need it!!!
Im in love <;3
To learn more…www.everybodywins.myarbonne.ca